Movement Analysis Lab (LAM)
- Prof. Chiarella Sforza, MD (director)
- Prof. Virgilio Ferruccio Ferrario, MS Mechanical Engineering, MD
- Dr. Matteo Zago, BS Biomedical, MS Electronic Engineering, PhD (postdoc)
- Dr. Ilaria Pacifici, MS Biomedical Engineering (PhD student)
- Dr. Daniela Ciprandi, MS Sports Science (PhD student)
- Dr. Nicola Lovecchio, MS Sports Science, PT, PhD (collaborator)
Research activity (Since 1992)
- Quantitative analysis of human movement: 3D motion capture, surface EMG.
- Sports biomechanics: technique kinematics, energy cost of exercise.
- Clinical biomechanics: gait analysis, mandibular motion, facial mimicry.
The group’s research activity is focused on:
Quantitative analysis of human movement: 3D motion capture, surface EMG.
Sports biomechanics: technique kinematics, energy cost of exercise.
Clinical biomechanics: gait analysis, mandibular motion, facial mimicry.
- Posture and Movement Analysis Laboratory Luigi Divieti, Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano (Prof. Manuela Galli).
- Maxillofacial surgery units, San Paolo Hospital (Prof. Federico Biglioli) and Foundation Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico (Prof. Aldo B. Giannì), Milan.
- Applied Exercise Physiology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan (Prof. Christel Galvani).
- Department of Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of São Paulo, Ribeirão Preto, Brazil (Prof. Claudia Maria De Felicio).
- Muscle and Exercise Physiology Lab, Department of Biomedical Sciences for Health, University of Milan (Prof. Fabio Esposito).
- TBM Lab, Movement biomechanics and motor control, Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano (Prof. Carlo A. Frigo).
Recent scientific production
- M. Zago, M. Codari, F. M. Iaia, C. Sforza. Multi-segmental movements as a function of experience in karate. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2016 [epub ahead of print].
- N. Lovecchio, M. Zago, L. Perucca, C. Sforza. Short-term repeatability of stabilometric assessments. Journal of Motor Behavior, 2016 [epub ahead of print].
- M. Zago, A. G. Piovan, I. Annoni, D. Ciprandi, F. M. Iaia, C. Sforza. Dribbling determinants in sub-elite youth soccer players. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2016; 34: 411-419.
- F. V. Sidequersky, A. Mapelli, I. Annoni, M. Zago, C. M. de Felìcio, C. Sforza. Three-dimensional motion analysis of facial movement during verbal and nonverbal expressions in healthy subjects. Clinical Anatomy, 2016; 29: 991-997.
Dpt. of Biomedical Sciences for Health, Università degli Studi di Milano
via Mangiagalli 31, 20133 Milano – Italy