Principal Investigator: Prof. Franco Capsoni
Members: Dr. Anna Maria Ongari
The group’s research activity is focused on:
- Study of the pathogenesis of rheumatologic diseases with particular reference to the phenotypic and functional assessment of human phagocytic cells (neutrophils and monocytes).
- Assessment of some functional aspects of human chondrocytes "in vitro".
Currently, the research has its primary focus on two major research lines:
Topic 1. The role of anti-inflammatory cytokines and immunomodulators in the human monocytes activation induced by urate crystals
Topic 2. The role of pro-inflammatory cytokines in the oxidative stress of human chondrocytes "in vitro".
- F. Capsoni, A.M. Ongari, E. Reali, F. Bosé, G.F. Altomare (2012). The protein kinase C inhibitor AEB071 (sotrastaurin) modulates migration and superoxide anion production by human neutrophils in vitro. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF IMMUNOPATHOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY, vol. 25, p. 617-626
- F. Capsoni, A.M. Ongari, E. Reali, A. Catania (2009). Melanocortin peptides inhibit urate crystal-induced activation of phagocytic cells. ARTHRITIS RESEARCH & THERAPY, vol. 11, p. R151
- A. Giorgini, F. Capsoni, M. Podda, A. Lleó, P. M. Battezzati, A. M. Ongari, C. Selmi, A. Benetti, F. Malinverno, L. Rossaro, M. E. Gershwin, M. Zuin (2009). Treatment with PEG-interferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C increases neutrophil and monocyte chemotaxis. ANNALS OF THE NEW YORK ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, vol. 1173, p. 847-857
- F. Capsoni, A.M. Ongari, E. Frigerio, M. Taglioni, G.F. Altomare (2008). Effect of Efalizumab on neutrophil and monocyte functions in patients with psoriasis. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF IMMUNOPATHOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY, vol. 21, p. 437-445,
- F. Capsoni , A.M.Ongari ,G. Colombo , F.Turcatti , A.Catania (2007) The synthetic melanocortin (CKPV)(2) exerts broad anti-inflammatory effects in human neutrophils. PEPTIDES, vol. 28, p. 2016-2022.
Prof: F. Capsoni tel. 02-66214923 email: email@example.com
Dott. A.M. Ongari /Lab.:tel. 02-66214766 email: firstname.lastname@example.org