Principal Investigator: Lorenza Tacchini
Members: Elena Donetti, Luisa Doneda, Maria Grazia Cattaneo, Lucia Vicentini, students
The group’s research activity is focused on:
Study of cellular adaptation to hypoxia and its mimetics in hepatocarcinoma cell lines, cardiomyocytes and inflammatory cells. The study is carried out by analyzing the expression of proteins involved in adaptive processes and their regulation.
Currently, the research has its primary focus on:
- Study of intercellular adhesion molecules expression in rat cardiomyocytes, subjected to hypoxic condition or its mimetics.
- Study of transglutaminase expression in cholangiocarcinoma cells with different metastatic capacity: role of resveratrol.
- De Ponti C., Carini R., Alchera E., Nitti M.P., LocatiM., Albano E., Cairo G., Tacchini L. Adenosine A2a receptor-mediated, normoxic induction of HIF-1 through PKC and PI-3K-dependent pathways in macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 82:392-402, 2007 (IF 4.4)
- Alchera E., Tacchini L., Imarisio C., Dal Ponte C., De Ponti C., Gammella E., Cairo G., Albano E. and Carini R. Adenosine-dependent activation of hypoxia inducible factor 1 (HIF-1) induces late preconditioning in liver cells. Hepatology, 48:230-239, 2008 (IF 10.8)
- Tacchini L., Gammella E., De Ponti C., Recalcati S., Cairo G. Role of HIF-1 and NF-kB transcription factors in the modulation of Transferrin receptor by inflammatory and anti-inflammatory signals J. Biol. Chem. 283:20674-20686, 2008 (IF 5.3)
- Gammella E., Cairo G., Tacchini L. Adenosine A2A receptor but not HIF-1 mediates tyrosine hydroxylase induction in hypoxic PC12 cells. J. Neurosci. Res. 88: 2007-2016, 2010 (IF 3.0)
- Spagnuolo R.D., Recalcati S., Tacchini L., Cairo G. Role of hypoxia-inducible factors in the dexrazoxane-mediated protection of cardiomyocytes from doxorubicin-induced toxicity. Brit. J. Pharmacol. 163:299-312, 2011 (IF 5.2)
Prof: Lorenza Tacchini tel. 02-50315327 email: email@example.com