Principal Investigator: prof. Luigi Tesio
Members: dr.ssa Anna Simone M.Sci., Mariusz Tadeusz Grzeda M.Sci.
The psychometric lab works on statistics, epidemiology and research epistemology. Its focus is on the assessment of human behaviors and perceptions with extensive application of Rasch statistical modeling, and it is at the forefront of research on the “outcome” of rehabilitation at the person-environment interface. The Lab is mostly engaged in the development of new quantitative questionnaires and runs data analysis within psychometric, epidemiological and cost-effectiveness studies related to disability and rehabilitation. It also works on methodological (e.g., variable construction, trial design) and ethical issues (e.g. evaluating Quality of Life) involving Rehabilitation Medicine.
Cutting edge/hot topic:
Development and validation of outcome scales. Web-based linearization and quality check of raw questionnaire scores, though server-based, “back-stage” Rasch analysis.
- Comi G, Battaglia MA, Bertolotto A, Del Sette M, Ghezzi A, Malferrari G, Salvetti M, Sormani MP, Tesio L, Stolz E, Mancardi G.Italian multicentre observational study of the prevalence of CCSVI in multiple sclerosis (CoSMo study): rationale, design, and methodology.Neurol Sci. 2013 Jan 24.
- Simone A, Rota V, Tesio L, Perucca L.Generic ABILHAND questionnaire can measure manual ability across a variety of motor impairments.Int J Rehabil Res. 2011;34(2):131-40.
- Granger CV, Carlin M, Linacre JM, Mead R, Niewczyk P, Stenner AJ, Tesio L. Rasch-derived latent trait measurement of outcomes: insightful use leads to precision case management and evidence-based practices in functional healthcare.J Appl Meas. 2010;11(3):230-43.
- Grimby G, Tennant A, Tesio L.The use of raw scores from ordinal scales: time to end malpractice?J Rehabil Med. 2012;44(2):97-8
- Tesio L. From codes to language: is the ICF a classification system or a dictionary?BMC Public Health. 2011 May 31;11 Suppl 4:S2. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-11-S4-S2.
- Tesio L Outcome measurement in behavioural sciences: a view on how to shift attention from means to individuals and why.Int J Rehabil Res. 2012;35(1):1-12
Prof. Luigi Tesio . tel. 0258218150 firstname.lastname@example.org researcher ID A-1083-2008
dr.ssa Anna Simone tel. 0258218150 email@example.com researcher ID A-8198-2011