Responsible: Prof. Nicoletta Gagliano
The group’s research activity is focused on:
1) study of the expression of genes and proteins involved in extracellular matrix remodeling and collagen turnover in different pathological conditions such as fibrosis, gingival overgrowth and tumor invasion
2) study of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition, of extracellular matrix remodeling lare and of the role of the tumor microenvironment in carcinoma progression
3) study of extracellular matrix remodeling and of collagen turnover in human tendons and tenocytes in phisiological and pathological conditions
The research activities of the Laboratory of Molecular Pathology regards:
- Topic 1. Morphological and molecular analysis of the effect of extracellular matrix components and of the 3D arrangement on pancreas adenocarcinoma cells in relation to the expression of epithelial-to mesenchymal markers
- Topic 2. Morphological and molecular analysis of genes and proteins involved extracellular matrix turnover in human tendons and cultured tenocytes, with particular attention to the effect of aging and of tenotoxic drugs on tendon connective tissue homeostasis
Early cytotoxic effects of ochratoxin A in rat liver: a morphological, biochemical and molecular study.
N Gagliano, I. Dalle Donne, C. Torri, M. Migliori, F. Grizzi, A. Milzani, C. Filippi, G. Annoni, P. Colombo, F. Costa, G. Ceva-Grimaldi, AAE. Bertelli, L. Giovannini, M. Gioia.
Toxicology 225: 214-224, 2006.
Glioma-astrocyte interaction modifies the astrocyte phenotype in a co-culture experimental model.
N. Gagliano, F. Costa, C. Cossetti, L. Pettinari, R. Bassi, M. Chiriva-Internati, E. Cobos, M. Gioia, S. Pluchino.
Oncology Reports 22: 1349-1356, 2009.
Effects of aging and cyclosporin A on collagen turnover in human gingiva.
N. Gagliano, F. Costa, G.M. Tartaglia, L. Pettinari, F. Grizzi, C. Sforza, N. Portinaro, M. Gioia, G. Annoni.
Open Dentistry Journal 3: 219-226, 2009.
Oxidative damage in human gingival fibroblasts exposed to cigarette smoke.
G. Colombo, I. Dalle-Donne, M. Orioli, D. Giustarini, R. Rossi, M. Clerici, L. Regazzoni, G. Aldini, A. Milzani, DA. Butterfield, N. Gagliano.
Free Radical Biology & Medicine 52:1584-1596, 2012.
Pancreatic cancer cells retain epithelial-related phenotype and modify mitotic spindle microtubules after Ukrain administration in vitro.
N. Gagliano, T. Volpari, M. Clerici, L. Pettinari, I. Barajon, N. Portinaro, G. Colombo, A. Milzani, I. Dalle-Donne, C. Martinelli.
Anticancer Drugs 23:935-946, 2012.
New insights in extracellular matrix remodeling and collagen turnover related pathways in cultured human tenocytes after Ciprofloxacin administration.
A. Menon, L, Pettinari, C, Martinelli, G. Colombo, N. Portinaro, I. Dalle-Donne, M.C. d’Agostino, N. Gagliano.
Muscle, Ligaments and Tendons Journal, 3: 122-131, 2013.
Prof: Nicoletta Gagliano
tel. 02-50315374 02-50315382